This post contains affiliate links.
When my husband and I moved to the UK, I really missed some flavours from home, so I spent a lot of time experimenting in the kitchen and developing secret recipes. ;)
This is my savoury tomato jam recipe. It is delicious on toast or crackers!
I'm working on a sugar-free version, so watch this space for edits :)
Makes +-340g jam.
1. Rinse the tomatoes.
2. Put the tomatoes in a blender (I use my Nutribullet) and blend for a second or two.
3. Pour blended tomatoes into a pot on high heat and stir while boiling away some of the liquid.
4. Add the sugar, honey, salt and lemon juice. Keep stirring while the mixture continues boiling. You'll start to notice the mixture thickening.
5. When the mixture is thick (tomato sauce/ketchup consistency), remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Put in a jar and refrigerate.